TUMC's Disciple Path
Relationship Stages of Growth with GodAs we grow in relationship with God, different relationship stages may look like:
|Prevenient Grace||Justifying Grace||Sanctifying Grace|
- You may say – I don’t know if I believe in God… I believe in God, but I don’t need a faith community.
- We say – God knows you and values you. We value you and want to know you because God knows and values you.
- You may say – I believe in God but I’m not sure about Jesus or the church… My faith is not a significant part of my life.
- We say – We welcome your questions and will encourage your journeying in faith. A life of faith is not about knowing all the answers; it is about learning to ask the questions, seek the answers, and at times, be comfortable with silence.
- You may say – I believe in God, and I am working on what it means to follow God… I am participating in the life of the church.
- We say – We vow to help your faith to grow.
- Family Member:
- You may say – My relationship with God makes a difference in how I live my life… I am discovering how my life can make God’s love real in the world.
- We say – We affirm your ever-maturing relationship with God. We encourage you to share your journey story with others.
- You may say – Following God is the most important thing in my life… My life is part of God’s transformation of the world.
- We say – We invite you to walk with and lead others in the ways that friends and family members continue walking with and leading you in service and study.
A Disciple at TUMCAt Tuskawilla UMC we believe a disciple:
- meets God in grace
- grows with God and others in grace
- evidences God’s grace in life
Faith in God and Faith With FamilyAt Tuskawilla UMC we are committed to Faith in God and Faith With Family. It has been said that it takes a village to raise a child. At Tuskawilla we believe it takes a village to raise a disciple. Therefore, as a church family we expect and encourage the following of our disciples:
Each disciple will
- Establish and nurture meaningful relationships with at least one person from each life stage: childhood, youthhood, young adulthood, midlife adulthood, maturing adulthood
- Engage with the church family beyond worship in study and service
- Enrich gratitude and generosity through financial support
Commitment to Spiritual DisciplinesDisciples commit to individual and communal spiritual disciplines.
- Prayer and meditation
- Scripture reading and reflection
- Financial generosity
- Faith sharing
- Connect Faith in God with Family through worship
- Increase Faith in God with Family through study
- Proclaim Faith in God with Family through service in our community