Tuskawilla United Methodist Church, serving the communities of Casselberry and Winter Springs in the heart of Seminole County in Central Florida, is seeking our next Office Administrator (20 hours/week).
The Office Administrator’s primary objective is to aid the pastor in every way possible in carrying out the pastor’s leadership and duties. In addition the Office Administrator will be responsible to organize, supervise and implement the day-to-day activities of the church office. The Office Administrator should have a desire to serve the Lord. This position represents the primary contact with the church staff, membership, and the general public so it is imperative that the Office Administrator performs in a professional manner at all times, and at all times maintains the confidentiality of the church business. This ministry ultimately helps the church fulfill its God-given vision, “To Belong, Grow, and Serve.”
The Office Administrator should have strong organizational skills and should demonstrate a mature Christian faith and commitment to United Methodist teachings.
- Possess a strong spiritual attitude reflected during interactions with church staff, committee members and congregation members.
- Ability to utilize a standard personal computer (PC).
- Basic understanding of computer functions including starting and ending software programs, Internet search skills, storing and organizing computer files, and backing up files.
- Proficiency with software programs: Microsoft Office, including Publisher, PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to organize and file both print and electronic files.
- Ability to use a multi-line telephone system.
- Exceptional customer service skills including ability to relate well with diverse groups.
- Superior communication skills—written and verbal—for electronic, telephone and/or in-person communications.
- High level of confidentiality in all communications and church information.
- Be able to work in a demanding office environment and be able to multi-task.
- A minimum of two years office work or related studies.
Candidates must be self-starters and able to work independently as well as serve as part of a ministry team. Candidates must have excellent communication skills—verbal and written—and be fluent in multi-media and social-media communication platforms.
Please send résumé—including a description of leadership experience, passions, and inspirations—and three references, or inquiry about the position to the attention of Nita Seng, Chairperson, Staff Parish Relations Committee via email@example.com.
We welcome the receipt of these materials through February 25, 2019. We hope to commence with the interview process by March 1st and to hire the position by March 15th.